Service & Outreach
At St. John’s, our hands-on service projects are local.
Feeding the Hungry
We continuously collect food for the Millian Food Bank, feeding our neighbors in Aspen Hill.
Throughout the year St. John’s provides meals to the Interfaith Works Women’s Center (formerly Wilkins Avenue Women’s Assessment Center) and the students in Lutheran Campus Ministry at the University of Maryland.
Supporting Our Senior Community
St. John’s is active in supporting the residents of the Village at Rockville (formerly the National Lutheran Home).
God's Work. Our Hands.
We participate annually in our “God’s work. Our hands” service project. Together with our friends and neighbors, St. John’s works on a project to help our community, supporting our neighbors in need. In the past, we’ve collected food for the Millian Food Bank. Our 2017 project focused on collecting school supplies for Lutheran Social Services (LSS).
More about “God’s work. Our hands” >>
Providing Meeting Space
St. John’s also provides meeting space for a variety of groups, including:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meets on Monday and Thursday nights at 8:00pm weekly.
- Al-Anon meets Friday night at 8:00pm weekly.
- AA Women meets Saturday at 9:00am weekly.
- NA meets Saturday at 7:00pm weekly.
- 4-H Lucky Clovers meets the third Friday of the month at 6:30pm.
- Garden Club meets on the third Thursday of the month at 10:00am.
- American Antique Association meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 9:30am.